You’ll know from my last post I made life-changing oven dried tomatoes. While a good portion of them went straight into my mouth, I did spare some for this easy-peasy pasta. ⠀
This recipe is easy, although the cashews do require soaking for 8 hours. I usually pop some in a jug of water in the morning and they’re ready for the sauce in the evening. In a rush? Pop the cashews to soak in boiling water for around 20 minutes, 30 minutes is better. ⠀
🌱 Vegan substitutions not required, recipe is vegan.⠀
Creamy Tuscan Chick’n Pasta
- Blender or Food Processor
- Large Saucepan
- Large Frying Pan
- 1 cup Cashews
- 1¾ cup Vegetable Stock
- 4-6 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 cup Oven Dried Tomatoes
- 3-4 cup Spinach
- 500 g Chick'n
- 500 g Pasta of choice
- Soak Cashews for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and blend cashews with one cup of vegetable stock and 2 tbsp nutritional yeast until smooth.
- Cook pasta of choice.
- Add dash of olive oil into large pan on med-high heat and sauté garlic.
- Add tomatoes and brown slightly, then add chick'n to pan and brown. I used Next Foods Chick'n Chunks (available from Coles).
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.⠀
- Reduce heat and pour in cashew sauce, stir to combine.
- Pour remaining ¾ cup of stock into sauce.
- Spoon pasta into sauce, reserving the pasta water.
- Mix pasta with sauce, adding any reserved pasta water to sauce until at desired consistency.
- Season to taste with cracked black pepper and salt flakes.