Make this easy vegan butterscotch sauce as a topping for icecream, frozen yoghurt or puddings. It makes a delicious dipping sauce for sliced fruit or rich thick shake too!
How to make and store Butterscotch Sauce
Only four ingredients are needed to make a rich, creamy butterscotch sauce. There’s a good chance you’ll have all of them already in the pantry.
Making the butterscotch sauce only takes a few minutes to come together in the saucepan and will keep for several weeks in the fridge in an airtight container.
Make a double batch for holidays and you’ll always have a quick, sweet dessert to please a crowd. Simply pour over ice cream and you’re done. My favourite is pairing it with this easy steamed date pudding and custard.
Easy Vegan Butterscotch Sauce
- Medium Saucepan
- 60 grams Non-dairy Butter
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Non-dairy Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon Golden Syrup
- Add all ingredients to the saucepan and stir continuously over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture begins to thicken. Take care to ensure the sauce doesn't catch on the pan and burn.60 grams Non-dairy Butter, ½ cup Brown Sugar, ½ cup Non-dairy Condensed Milk, 1 tablespoon Golden Syrup
- Remove from the heat and serve, or store in an airtight container in the fridge.