Beautiful Bundt aka the Vegetable Cake 🍰 ⠀
To quote directly from the recipe “It doesn’t taste like a vegetable cake?” is spot on. ⠀
We shared this cake and played the guessing game. You know the one where you know the answer, the players don’t and just get frustrated from having to play along and guess? That one. Today’s version of the game is “guess what this cake is made from?” The most creative answer goes to the player who said aquafaba. If you’re playing along, the correct answer is yellow patty pan squash. Yup, squash. A vegetable that has literally never had a start in my kitchen and no one is more surprised than me that I had a crack at this recipe. And like all the previous ‘In Praise of Veg’ recipes, this was an absolute winner! ⠀
🌱 Vegan substitutions were easy for this recipe: ⠀
🧈 BUTTER @nuttelexspread Buttery is my every day and cooking butter. I don’t know if it’s unsalted or not 🤷♀️ Used it anyway. ⠀
🍶BUTTERMILK I used @vitasoy_aus_nz Soy Milky, which is my every day milk.⠀
🥚EGGS I used 4 teaspoons of @orgranfoods No Egg Egg Replacer with 8 tablespoons of water.⠀
📚 RECIPE @inpraiseofveg ‘a modern kitchen companion’ by @aliceinframes⠀
🗣 Favourite phrase from this recipe: “Stay gold, Ponybundt.”
Golden Bundt Cake
- In Praise of Veg Cook Book
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 25 cm (10 inch) Fluted Ring (Bundt) Tin
- Cooling Rack
- Full ingredient list and method in In Praise of Veg
- 1 cup Vitasoy Soy Milky as substitute for 1 cup Buttermilk
- 4 tsp Orgran No Egg Egg Replacer with 8 tbsp of Water as substitute for 3 Eggs
- In Praise of Veg Cook BookPlease buy this book. It is without doubt, the most glorious cook book I've ever owned. I find myself reaching for it even when I'm not looking for recipe inspiration to simply soak up the joyousness of it's pages. I've learned so many cooking tips and invariably have a chuckle as Alice brings her engaging personality to light through each of the pages.
- Vegan SubstitutionsVegan substitutions were easy and worked very well for this recipe. You'll find the full ingredient list and method on page 126 of In Praise of Veg, with my vegan substitutes below.
- 🧈 BUTTER @nuttelexspread Buttery is my every day and cooking butter. I don't know if it's unsalted or not 🤷♀️ Used it anyway. ⠀
- 🍶BUTTERMILK I used @vitasoy_aus_nz Soy Milky, which is my every day milk.
- 🥚EGGS I used 4 teaspoons of @orgranfoods No Egg Egg Replacer with 8 tablespoons of water.⠀