A girl cannot survive on kale chips alone.⠀
I don’t typically bake breads, not ever having much success with them. Two things on my list of things I don’t like to cook are breads and icecream (is icecream cooked or prepared? 🤷♀️). So, I wasn’t hopeful of my ability to do this recipe justice, or at least make it edible.⠀
I WAS WRONG! I nailed it and it was delicious💃⠀
🌏 Vegan substitutions were easy:⠀
🍯Swapped the honey for maple syrup.⠀
🧀 I didn’t have time to make vegan fetta, so I omitted this ingredient. Vegan fetta is also available from most major supermarkets.
Smashed Potato & Rosemary Focaccia
- In Praise of Veg Cook Book
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Large Saucepan
- Wooden Spoon
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- 500 g Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1 bunch Rosemary Leaves
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 1 batch In Praise of Veg Overnight Dough
- In Praise of Veg Cook BookPlease buy this book. It is without doubt, the most glorious cook book I've ever owned. I find myself reaching for it even when I'm not looking for recipe inspiration to simply soak up the joyousness of it's pages. I've learned so many cooking tips and invariably have a chuckle as Alice brings her engaging personality to light through each of the pages.
- Vegan SubstitutionsVegan substitutions were easy for this recipe:🍯Swapped the honey for maple syrup.🧀 I didn't have time to make vegan fetta, so I omitted this ingredient. Vegan fetta is also available from most major supermarkets.You'll find the full ingredient list and method on page 352 of In Praise of Veg.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know if it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @modernveganguide on Instagram and hashtag it #modernveganguide