Mini vegan goat cheese balls are easy and quick to prepare. Enjoy them all year round and especially at Christmas. The cranberries, nuts and parsley give the cheese balls a distinctive festive look so they’re perfect for the holidays!
How to make, store and serve vegan goat cheese balls
Making the cheese balls is easy and should take around 15 minutes. Using a handheld or stand mixer to beat the cheeses together will make this much easier.
Choose a creamy vegan goat cheese. I used Dilectio Marinated Goat Style Cheese. This cheese is regularly in my fridge and often used in salads and on pizza. I usually eat the cheese right out of the jar, it’s so delicious. When the team at Dilectio sent me their full selection of cheeses to restock my fridge and create some new recipes it was a happy day.
Dilectio Marinated Goat Style Cheese is perfect for this recipe with a hint of the thyme, garlic and peppercorn marinade coming through. Don’t discard the marinade when draining the cheese, it will add a delicious flavour to pasta or use it as a base for a salad dressing.
Make ahead and keep in the fridge for days. The vegan cheese balls keep very well in the fridge, however after several days the nuts may begin to soften and the parsley not look as vibrant.
This recipe makes around 18 medium sized balls. Plenty for a platter, ‘bring a plate’ or to keep in the fridge when hosting visitors. Don’t only make them for special occasions, we’ve been enjoying one with a few crackers as our nightly supper!
Bring out the sweetness of the cheese balls by drizzling generously with maple syrup prior to serving. Serve the cheese balls on a platter on their own, with a selection of other cheeses, fruit and nibblies.
Mini Vegan Goat Cheese Balls
- Stand or Handheld Mixer
- Biscuit Scoop
- 285 grams Vegan Goat Cheese or 1 320g jar Dilectio Vegan Goat Style Cheese, drained.
- 170 grams Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup plus extra to serve
- 1½ cups Pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Cranberries, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- Chop the pecans and reserve half a cup.
- Chop cranberries and parsley. Mix with remaining 1 cup of pecans in a square or rectangular container, suitable for rolling the cheese balls in the fruit and nut mixture. Set aside. The cheese balls will be rolled in this mixture.1½ cups Pecans, roughly chopped, 1 cup Cranberries, roughly chopped, ½ cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- Beat the vegan goat and cream cheese together until combined. Don't over mix.285 grams Vegan Goat Cheese, 170 grams Vegan Cream Cheese
- Mix in the reserved 1/2 cup of chopped pecans and maple syrup by hand.1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Using the biscuit scoop, scoop out a portion of the cheese mix. Toss the cheese ball in the cranberry and pecan mix until well coated. Form the ball into a round shape and place in a lined container. Repeat until all the cheese mixture has been coated.
- Place cheese balls in the fridge until ready to serve. Serve drizzled with extra maple syrup.