I have a confession.
Easter Egg chocolate was my all-time favourite chocolate. As soon as old me saw Easter Eggs in the supermarkets, I’d buy them. I would prolong the joy of this chocolate by eating from late January through to April. But, that was old me. Old me that didn’t understand the impact production of chocolate has. New me makes informed decisions.
There are some excellent vegan chocolates available in the supermarkets now, so making chocolate isn’t a necessary task. Though when I went to an oven demonstration recently, I sampled some home-made vegan chocolate. I’ve tweaked the recipe a little and it was fun to make these little eggs, if you’re in to that sort of thing.
Vegan Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Small Saucepan
- Chocolate Molds
- Pastry brush
- Baking Tray
- ⅔ cup Cocoa Powder
- ⅔ cup Coconut Oil
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup or Rice Malt Syrup
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- Melt coconut oil in saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir over a low-medium heat until cocoa powder dissolved.
- Using the pastry brush, paint the inside of the chocolate mold with a layer of chocolate. Put molds on baking tray (to keep stable) and place in freeze to set. Repeat 1 – 2 times until there is an even coating of chocolate.
- Add filling of choice (like this Dulce de Leche) and return to freezer.
- Top with one final layer of chocolate and return to freezer to set.