This glorious cake is moist and delightfully more-ish with flavours from spices, orange zest and walnuts. I kinda feel like it’s a bit of a healthy snack too. That is, if you don’t slather it with thick butter, as I did. The things we put ourselves through to take a photo…
🌱 Vegan substitutions were easy for this recipe: ⠀
🧈BUTTER @nuttelexspread Buttery is my every day and cooking butter. ⠀
🥚EGGS I used 5 teaspoons of @orgranfoods No Egg Egg Replacer with 4 tablespoons of water.⠀
I elected not to frost the cake as I’m still working on find the perfect vegan cream cheese frosting. Instead, I used gorgeous dehydrated oranges.
Zesty Gluten-Free Carrot Cake
- In Praise of Veg Cook Book
- 13cm x 24cm (5 inch x 9.5 inch) loaf (baking) tin
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Wire Racks
- Full ingredient list and method in In Praise of Veg
- 2 Carrots
- 150 g Walnuts
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups Plain (all-purpose) Gluten-Free Flour
- In Praise of Veg Cook BookPlease buy this book. It is without doubt, the most glorious cook book I've ever owned. I find myself reaching for it even when I'm not looking for recipe inspiration to simply soak up the joyousness of it's pages. I've learned so many cooking tips and invariably have a chuckle as Alice brings her engaging personality to light through each of the pages.
- Vegan SubstitutionsVegan substitutions were easy and worked very well for this recipe. You'll find the full ingredient list and method on page 134 of In Praise of Veg, with my vegan substitutes below.
- 🧈BUTTER @nuttelexspread Buttery is my every day and cooking butter. ⠀
- 🥚EGGS I used 5 teaspoons of @orgranfoods No Egg Egg Replacer with 4 tablespoons of water.⠀