This cake was to celebrate the birthday of my mother-in-law, who I love more than words can say. She’s in my life every single day and I thank my lucky stars that I inherited her (and my father-in-law) when I married Hubster. Sometimes you just hit the jackpot.
The cake was everything I wanted it to be, with the combination of the bananas and raspberry just right. The recipe describes this cake as a fluffy banana cake layered with bright raspberry frosting makes for a show stopping springtime dessert and I think that’s about right.
🌱 Vegan substitutions were easy for this recipe: ⠀
🥚EGGS I used 6 teaspoons of @orgranfoods No Egg Egg Replacer with 8 tablespoons of water.⠀
❤ Extra serving of love went into this bake.
My finished cake consisted of only two-sponges as I didn’t have the correct sized cake tins. Although I would have preferred a three-tier cake, the two-tier, shorter cake was equally delicious and decorated well.
📚 RECIPE Raspberry Banana Cake by Sarah @bromabakery for @dixie_crystals https://www.dixiecrystals.com/recipes/raspberry-banana-cake
Raspberry Banana (Birthday) Cake
- 3 x 22cm (8 inch) Cake Tins
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Full ingredient list and method online at Dixie Crystals
- 2 large Ripe Bananas
- 3 cups Self-Raising Flour
- 1.5 cups Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Raspberry Jam
- 6 tsp Orgran No Egg Egg Replacer
- Recipe available online at Dixie CrystalsThis cake is moist, delicious and the flavour combination of raspberries and bananas is divine. With simple decoration, it's worthy to be elevated to birthday cake status.
- Vegan SubstitutionsVegan substitutions were easy and worked very well for this recipe. You'll find the full ingredient list and method here, with my vegan substitutes below.
- 🥚EGGS I used 6 teaspoons of @orgranfoods No Egg Egg Replacer with 8 tablespoons of water.⠀